Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dry wall in the tower and great room

It's been a while, so I thought I'd post this just to let folks know that we are alive and kicking... and still working on the house. Most days are spent hanging drywall. It is slow going, especially when the dry wall has to be trimmed to fit in spaces between the timbers, or when working from scaffolding 20 to 30 feet in the air. We're getting there though. Although most of the electrical wiring is done, we haven't started on the plumbing, so some of the interior walls will just have to wait. I definitely plan to hire a professional to "mud and tape" the drywall after we finish hanging all of it.

My oldest son's room, located on the second floor of the tower:


A picture from the great room loft - the pink lines are strings that will guide the construction of our chimney (in a year or two?!):



Top floor of the tower. Piecing in drywall around the windows and braces is sometimes tedious:


Cool angle of the hammer beam from the second floor balcony. Only the scaffolding betrays the fact that this is not a finished house! (I'm allowed to dream though, aren't I?!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Poppy said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile now and I swear I drool every darn time I see your house! It's beautiful and it's going to be drop dead gorgeous when you're done.

I so envy your son...what a lovely view and those windows are to die for.

Keep plugging away...I'm following along!

January 10, 2007 at 1:08 AM  
Blogger Thomas Massie said...

Hey Poppy thanks for the encouraging words! Wish I had more time to update the blog, but frankly hanging drywall is just not that glamorous and I think glaciers move faster than we are right now. :) Maybe I should do a post about what keeps me from working on the house some days... for instance, Tuesday I sold calves at the market, today I built fence (for my cows), and tomorrow I have to haul hay.

In the mean time, I'm waiting for some mail-order radiant heat tubing to show up so we can work on the floors some more.

I took a look at your blog - I love some of those kitchen pictures you have recently posted.

January 10, 2007 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger academic said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader

and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.
Hire Scaffolding

August 4, 2010 at 2:03 AM  
Anonymous Ford Hall said...

Nice looking timber frame; way to go!

Cheers, Ford

www.HeirloomTimberFraming.com

January 25, 2012 at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home